2024 Monthly Pocket Planners - Digital Downloads
One of my favorite things about the starting a new year is that I get to start a new planner. A new planner, like a new year, is a clean slate. It's all about potential and possibilities.
This year, the digital downloads are monthly pocket planners. I'll be uploading a new one at the start of every month. They are formatted to print on standard US letter sized paper and take about 5 minutes to assemble.
Find the January planner files HERE
The February planner files are now available HERE
The instructions and images are below. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. Happy planning and Happy New Year!
1. The print outs - there are 6 files total. The files are formatted to be printed double sided so you will end up with 3 pages. When you print the files, please turn OFF scaling or "fit to page". Alternatively, you can set your scale to 100%.
Because the files create a dated planner, the order of pages printed is also important. 1 & 2 should be printed together (front and back), 3 & 4 and 5 & 6. It will make sense once you have the print outs in hand.
Don't forget to turn on double-sided printing. If your printer doesn't have the double sided printing function, you can always print one side and then put the printed page back in the printer to print on the back.
2. Scissors - A paper cutter, if you have one, will save you some time but any good pair of scissors will work just as well.
3. A stapler - I have a fancy swivel stapler that I got on Amazon that can staple at a 90 degree angle but any larger sized swing arm or hand held stapler will do. The swivel stapler cost me under $10 and I use it all the time to make mini notebooks and booklets.
4. An A2 (4.25"w x 5.5"h) sized greeting card - totally optional but a great way to reuse greeting cards that might end up getting thrown away.
1. Once you've got your double sided print outs, the first thing to do is cut out the pages. Cut along the grey dotted line on the outside edge. You will end up with three 8.5" x 5.5" sheets.
2. Fold the sheets in half. Take the time to line your edges up as accurately as possible before you crease the sheets.
3. Put the pages in sequential order. Keep an eye on which side of the print out is on the outside of the fold. The pages are numbered to help make this easier.
4. (Skip this step if you're not using a greeting card for a cover) Now that the pages are in order, put the pages inside your greeting card. Once they're all together, open up the 3 pages and greeting card and get ready to staple!
5. Staple! The staples create the binding of the planner. You want to staple twice, about a 1/2" down from the top and up from the bottom. Try to staple as close to the crease of the cards or pages as possible.
That's it! Now you've got a planner for January with weekly sections and a full month calendar in the center. There are also sections for notes and for making plans. Happy planning!